Cannabidiol oil, popularly known as CBD oil is extracted from cannabis plants and has been discovered in the year of 1940. CBD oil is used to relief physical and mental pain. CBD oil has the functional group of the cannabinoid chemical compounds; hence, it is a member of the cannabinoid group and inherits their chemical properties. Scientists have found 113 different structures of cannabinoids to date, and 40% of the cannabis plants extraction is due to the amazing benefits of the oil. Later in the article, we will be discussing on What Is CBD Oil For.
DOES CBD OIL REALLY WORK??? READ MORE ABOUT CBD OIL
How is Cannabidiol oil extracted?
CBD oil can be made from cannabis or Hemp plant. To get a deeper understanding how Cannabidiol oil is extracted Let’s see how one of the biggest CBD oil sellers NuLeaf Naturals extract the Cannabidiol oil,
They uses advanced cloning programs promise continued enhancement for natural genetic strains and ensure a safe and regulated product, with unsurpassed potency and consistency, they utilize advanced engineering processes to create premium cannabinoid wellness products with a full spectrum of cannabinoids and terpenes, and they use CO2 extraction systems for their primary tool for extracting the phytonutrients from each plant. This method does not require heat or solvents, and the entire spectrum of cannabinoids are retained in the blend, which leaves behind no toxins, heavy metals, or chemicals to degrade the product in any way. CO2 is safe to use in food products and commonly found in carbonated beverages, and our bodies even produce CO2 when we breathe! And they use a combination of both Subcritical and Supercritical extractions. This allows us to perform a “fractional extraction” by first extracting at lower pressures to remove the lighter, temperature-sensitive volatile oils, and then subsequently extracting the same material at a higher pressure to remove the remaining oils. This approach is the best because it allows us to extract a complete range of cannabinoids, terpenes, essential oils, and other beneficial phytochemicals that yield a more potent blend.
However, the purity of the oil depends on the color of it. The purest form of CBD oil is of yellow and is considered of the highest quality with an insignificant trace of THC. It is mainly used for medical purposes and is heated at first to activate its useful properties of healing. Decarboxylated oil is more of a brownish color, and should be heated to activate the healing properties. The unrefined oil is dark in color; has a tint of green due to the presence of plant fibers which has chlorophyll. Moreover, the percentage of purity of the oil determines what CBD oil is for.
Now that the extraction process is clear, we should emphasize on the pros and cons of the oil and what CBD oil is used for.
WHERE AND HOW TO BUY CBD OIL? READ MORE HERE
Advantages of using CBD oil:
- Due to Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) being one of the prime elements in most of the drugs, it works as a psychoactive ingredient to heighten our senses. This is considered as a component which is often found in marijuana. However, the major difference between CBD and marijuana is, CBD only have less then 0.3% of THC in it. It indicates that there is no psychoactive reactant present in it to make you feel completely intoxicated. This can be considered as a great alternative to marijuana for the ones looking to forget about all their problems temporarily by having a sense of relief.
- CBD is prescribed by a lot of psychiatrists/ psychologists/ therapists/counselors to patients of mental illnesses like Major Depressive Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, and Social Anxiety Disorder and so on. It can calm your nerves and make you stop palpitating. It, of course, should not be taken without prior consultation of a doctor and, the dosage should be kept under constant external supervision.
- Unwarranted skin problems are something almost everyone has to face at least once in their lives. Acne, pimple, bronchitis and other inflammations can bring much trouble in our day to day lives. At the same time, the problems are not something which will go away easily. Taking CBD either regularly or for a certain period in a limited dosage can help with your acne problems. It can also be massaged directly on to the skin. However, one has to make sure their skin is not allergic to the oil before doing so.
- CBD oil has been known to cure physical illnesses associated with pain. Arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain in joints, swelling of the knee caps, chronic pain and headache. The area to be treated has to be examined carefully, in the beginning, to detect any fracture in case of inflammation. Afterward, the oil has to be spread out evenly in the affected areas. Light pressure needs to be applied to make the strained muscles adjusted to the movements. Back and forth strokes may be applied later on after the body gets used to it.
- We all know how hard it is for a smoker, alcoholic, or a drug addict to quit their habit all of a sudden. It not only takes an immense amount of patience; but also tremendous mental strength. This is the time where the usage of CBD oil can help. Since CBD also gives the same sense of relief of pain as the drugs or nicotine present in cigarettes do, it can be used as an alternative to the harmful intoxicants.
- Side effects like seizures, hallucinations, psychosis are some of the common traits one can see in a patient of schizophrenia. Consuming the CBD oil in limited amounts can produce a counter effect which will help with the psychoactive reactions that go on in one’s mind during those episodes.
- CBD oil has arguably helped patients of Alzheimer’s with their memory, Although it has not been used widely for this purpose yet. Regular intake of the oil has been known to effectively increase one’s memory span. It does not guarantee to fix one’s memory as it is a matter associated with neurology. However, it can significantly help in making people remember things faster than in normal situations.
- People with diabetes tend to face difficulties in maintaining their sugar level. Both low sugar intake and high sugar intake can cause severe internal damage to the patient. The chances of the patient-facing dire consequences become extremely high when their sugar level in the blood becomes Nil. Consuming CBD oil in certain doses can help to balance out the sugar level once it starts going down. Since it is a highly sensitive case, it needs to be strictly regulated and should be only taken if your doctor has advised you to do so.
- Epilepsy has been a tricky cure over the decades. Lately, with extensive research, it has been discovered that CBD oil has the ingredient to cure epilepsy. Although there are very few researches conducted some extensive research focused on the cure to refractory epilepsy in children. It is believed that using refined and medical standard cannabidiol the frequency of seizures can be reduced significantly improving medical life.
Disadvantages of using CBD oil:
- Since taking CBD oil brings drastic changes to our physical or mental health most of the times, it can drain out all our energy and make us feel tired. Drowsiness, exhaustion, sleepiness are some of the side effects one has to be bear with until they get used to it. However, in rear extreme cases, it can cause diarrhea or even organ failure, such as liver damage.
- CBD oil is not safe to use on a child. Considering the brain of a child is only at its initial stage of development, the application of CBD oil might hamper brain development. If any such situation arises where it is impossible to not make a child consume the oil, make sure that the amount is as small as possible. Even that might come with its unpredictable side effects.
- Consuming CBD oil during pregnancy or during the time where a child is still dependent on breastfeeding might decrease the speed of lactating. If the dosage increases, the lactating might come to a halt as a whole. Lactating might or might not start again, depending on your condition, it is best not to take them during that time.
- The benefits of CBD are being marketed as a positive image, and many companies are taking advantage of it. Many food-based companies are claiming to use safe doze of the ingredient found in CBD oil to increase the overall health nutrients of the food. However, no particular research has been established that claims about the safe dosage level of cannabidiol. Additionally, according to the promotion of energy bars and drinks; it claims to have cannabidiol which increases stamina. However, the government of different countries around the globe has strictly prohibited the use of cannabidiol in any food, including Sweden, Switzerland, the US, and Canada.
- Prolonged intake of cannabidiol can cause intoxication if the extraction method is not pure, resulting in dependency and drug addiction.
How to choose the type CBD oil?
The prime ingredient that should be considered while using the CBD oil is the level of THC. THC is the ingredient that causes intoxication; hence, CBD oil is illegal in many countries across the globe. Another factor that needs to be considered is how cannabis plants are grown. Cannabidiol extracted from marijuana plants causes addiction, and intoxication, hence, it is illegal. However, legal permits are given if high-quality plants are extracted from Hemp plants. The methods and ingredients used in the developing stages of the plants play an important role in determining the quality of the plant. Moreover, the testing process of the product is also very crucial due to the limited research and prolonged side effects of the ingredients present in the oil.
What are the forms in which CBD oil can be used?
CBD can be consumed in the form of oil; which has a high concentration, indicating a strong dose. Hence, a dropper must be used for safe dosage. Medical grade CBD can be found as tablets and capsules; which are used solely for the treatment of diseases under the supervision of highly educated and professional doctors. Moreover, the so-called magic ingredient CBD can also be found in creams, lotions or other skincare, haircare, and messaging products owing to its immense skin benefits. However, CBD infused products should not be used without consulting a doctor. Another surprising, yet interesting use of CBD is in the vaping machine. Since CBD extracted from Hemp causes no addiction, it can be used to get rid of smoking addiction. It is because it gives the same satisfaction as cigarettes give, just without the nicotine. Lately, the vaping machine has become a popular instrument to use among smokers.
CBD oil falls under the category of phytocannabinoid. Although it can be categorized as a drug, it has more than one benefit to it. At the same time, it is needless to say that there are some side effects of it as well. There are going to be a bad and good side in almost all of the medicines available till now. It depends on the needs of an individual to determine whether the drug is more beneficial for them or more harmful. While some negative sides will not affect someone that much, some of the positive sides are going to be of no use to some.
Don’t miss out on a popular comment from the community! Click Here to Sign up and receive a Gift in your welcome email.
CBD OIL DOSAGE READ MORE
WHAT DOCTORS SAY ABOUT CBD READ MORE
FAQ ABOUT CBD OIL READ MORE